Free Shipping On Retail Orders $60+ / Free Shipping On Wholesale Orders $350+


Magnesium MD 120 vcaps

Purchase options

Purchase options

Purchase options

Purchase options

  • Novel and Highly Absorbable Magnesium

    Highly absorbable and bio-avaliable magnesium chelate for sensitive individuals, now with ATA-Mg™ (Magnesium Acetyl-taurinate).*

    Magnesium MD, a highly absorbable formula for sensitive individuals, has both Magnesium glycinate and ATA-Mg™ (magnesium acetyl-taurinate) making it a more bio-available source of both magnesium and taurine. By incorporating the ATA form of magnesium, it is more lipophiic and therefore has enhanced cellular, neuronal and blood-brain barrier penetration. This form has been studied for use in severe headaches and seizures.  The glycine form of magnesium allows it to be actively taken up by the intestinal mucosa, due to the active transport for amino acids, as opposed to the usual passive transport for most minerals.*

    Magnesium is a vital, abundant mineral in the body with a deficiency more prevalent in the adult population than ever before.  Its primary distribution is between bone and muscle with surrounding soft tissue.  98% is contained within our cells while the remaining 1-2% flows with the serum outside our cells.  Therefore, a standard serum test for Magnesium would not show or reflect a deficiency.  Magnesium regulates over 325 enzymes in the body and plays a crucial role in the function of brain, muscle, metabolism, energy production, along with detoxification.  Studies have shown benefit with Magnesium supplementation in the following:

    Toxemia of pregnancy, arrhythmia, clearer mind, constipation relief, inflammatory lung congestion, migraine, improving glucose control, enhancing insulin metabolism, lowering blood pressure, relieving symptoms of difficult and painful menstruation, alleviating leg cramps (especially in pregnant women), decreases risks associated with metabolic syndrome, restless leg syndrome, anxiety, fatigue, tremours, and sleep disorders.*

    We, at MD Prescriptives believe the optimal form of Magnesium Glycinate with ATA-Mg™ (Magnesium Acetyl-taurinate) that we provide our patients/clients is the preferred form for uptake and assimilation for the body as well as gastro-intestinal tolerance.*

    *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

  • Webinars

  • Download Magnesium MD Product Info Sheet


    1. Rude RK. Magnesium deficiency: a cause of heterogeneous disease in humans.  J Bone Mineral Res. 1998 Apr;13(4):749-58.
    2. Moldofsky H.  Rheumatic diseases clinics of North America. 2002 May;28(2):353-65.
    3. Mazzotta G, Sarchielli P, Alberti A, Gallai V.  Intracellular Mg++ concentration....  Cephalalgia. 1999 Nov;19(9):802-9.
    4. Liebscher DH, Liebscher DE. About the misdiagnosis of magnesium deficiency.  J Am Coll Nutr. 2004 Dec;23(6):730S-1S.
    5. Dharnidharka VR, Carney PR. Isolated idiopathic hypomagnesemia....  Pediatric Neurol. 2005 Jul;33(1):61-5.
    6. Nuytten D, Van Hees J, Meulemans A, Carton H. Magnesium deficiency....  J Neurol. 1991 Aug;238(5):262-4.
    7. Nielsen FH, Johnson LK, Zeng H. Magnesium supplementation improves indicators of low magnesium status and inflammatory stress in adults older than 51 years with poor quality sleep.  Magnesium research: official organ of the International Society for the Development of Research on Magnesium. 2010 Dec;23(4):158-68.
    8. Shechter M. Magnesium and cardiovascular system.  Magnesium research: official organ of the International Society for the Development of Research on Magnesium. 2010 Jun;23(2):60-72.
    9. Abbott RD, et al. Dietary magnesium intake... (the Honolulu Heart Program).  Am J Cardio. 2003 Sep;92(6):665-9.
    10. Zhang W, Iso H, Ohira T, Date C, Tamakoshi A. Associations of dietary magnesium intake.... Atherosclerosis. 2012 Apr;221(2):587-95
    11. Reffelmann T, et al. Low serum magnesium concentrations.... Atherosclerosis. 2011 Nov;219(1):280-4.
    12. Shechter M, Shechter A. Magnesium.... Clin Calcium. 2005 Nov;15(11):111-5.
    13. Nie ZL, Wang ZM, Zhou B, Tang ZP, Wang SK. Magnesium intake.... Nutri Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2013 Mar;23(3):169-76.
    14. Barbagallo M, Gupta RK, Bardicef O, Bardicef M, Resnick LM. Altered ionic effects of insulin in hypertension: role of basal ion levels in determining cellular responsiveness.  J Clin Endocrin Met. 1997 Jun;82(6):1761-5.
    15. Rodriquez-Hernandez H, Gonzalez JL, Rodriquez-Moran M, Guerrero-Romero F. Hypomagnesemia.... Arch Med Res. 2005 Jul-Aug;36(4):362-6.
    16. Kugelmas M. Preliminary observation: oral zinc sulfate replacement.... J Am Coll Nutr. 20000 Feb;19(1):13-5..
    17. Koivisto M, Valta P, Hockerstedt K, Lindgren L. Magnesium depletion.... Clin transplantation. 2012 Oct;16(5):325-8.